Jennifer from Ovaleye recently had a blog post, “My Most Popular Blog Posts and Why”, which inspired me to research my own blog posts to see which have been the most popular. After running some analytics reports I’ve come up with the five most visited blog posts, since my blog’s creation date, and why they are the most popular. The “most popular” posts are blog posts with the most unique page views, the number of comments and social media shares were not a factor.
- Tracking Your Website’s Traffic: this post is classic Evergreen content, it will be read for a long time to come. The content will continue to attract traffic, help readers and not need any tweaking.
- How to Customize Your Facebook Page’s Featured Likes: This post is popular for a couple reasons, primarily because it is a help post that readers want to learn from. This post also continues to gain traction because Facebook is constantly changing; Every time they make changes the searches become popular again and bring in more traffic.
- Google+ Tips and Shortcuts: I was fortunate to be included in the pre-launch for Google Plus. This allowed me to write a teaching and “exclusive” content post since not everyone had Google plus access as early as I did. I also think this post is popular because this social network is more inquired upon than used, people are curious, but it stays just that.
- How to Blog Better: Another post that will stand the test of time, but the content is based on my own experiences, bringing original insight. This post has brought me many thank you emails, which makes all of the hard work worth it!
- The NEW Microsoft Store: I’m honestly puzzled as to why this post gets so much traffic, I suppose it is from local searches surrounding each Microsoft store. This post is also packed full of Microsoft, tech and gaming keywords which probably has heavy value.
Bonus post: #6: How to Get More Traffic to Your Website: This blog post was one away from the list, it is so good I had to include it. Another post that has sent me much social media and email thanks, and full of information that will continue to be useful for a long time to come.
I am curious what blog posts have brought you much traffic, please share below!