Effective January 15, 2013 Facebook’s guidelines have changed yet again. One of the most significant changes is in regards to the Cover Photo on your profile and/or page. Here are the rules directly from Facebook:
- images with more than 20% text;
- price or purchase information, such as “40% off” or “Download it on socialmusic.com”;
- contact information such as a website address, email, mailing address, or information that should go in your Page’s “About” section;
- references to Facebook features or actions, such as “Like” or “Share” or an arrow pointing from the cover photo to any of these features; or
- calls to action, such as “Get it now” or “Tell your friends.”
Followed by, “We reserve the right to reject or remove Pages for any reason…”
You better make some changes if any of these items listed are on your cover photo!